Pages

Monday, July 2, 2012

Father's Day

A few weekends ago, I was lucky enough to spend Father's Day with my parents. They were driving up to Tennessee and stopped here along the way, and the timing was perfect! My dad is usually off fishing somewhere in the Bahamas this time of the year, so it's a rare occasion that any of his children actually see him on Father's Day (though I'm starting to wonder if he does that on purpose...!). On a more serious note, a few of my friends have lost their dads recently and it has really made me appreciate mine even more than I could realize. To be alive and well here on earth, and on top of that to actually enjoy hanging out with each other, is definitely not something to be taken for granted. All that to say, I was really excited to spend the weekend celebrating my dad! And you too, mom - since you played no small role in making him my dad :)

Mom and Dad got in Saturday night and we took them to Sidebar, which is one of the Atlanta Gator bars, to watch the college baseball world series. Our Gators lost that night and they were eliminated from the tournament two days later. Nothing a few beers couldn't make a little less painful.




The next day we went to the Braves game, and... you guessed it... another loss. Thankfully it was a gorgeous (though blazing hot) day and we had great company to make up for the score :)


best dad in the world!

 


We ended the weekend with a delicious dinner at our current favorite sushi spot, Sushi Avenue, in Decatur.



It was such a great weekend celebrating the best father a girl could ask for. I love you, Dad!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thanks for commenting :)