Pages

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Happy Halloween

My favorite part of Halloween is carving pumpkins. We usually have a pumpkin carving party, but we had approximately negative time for that this year, so instead we carved them by ourselves one night.

Bo's scary Chinese dragon, and my Gator pumpkin!


We tried a few new seasonal beers (in hindsight, probably not a good idea while handling sharp objects?). My favorite was Leinenkugel's Oktoberfest and Bo's was Shock Top Pumpkin Wheat. The Punk'n beer was just okay - we probably won't be getting that one again.



After cleaning out the pumpkins (my least favorite part), I roasted pumpkin seeds. We snacked on them for about a week. They are so addicting!



And if you thought I was kidding last year, we wore the Halloween costumes from Amy again! This year we actually had a party to go to, and these were the most comfortable costumes ever. We both wore pajamas underneath and no one knew it. I didn't even bother doing my hair or makeup. It was awesome. I will admit it was rather difficult to drink my beer, but I found a straw and made it work. We didn't have to spend any money, I wasn't cold, and I didn't look like a skank (as is popular for females my age these days). Plus, everyone loved our costumes. Wins all around, thanks again Amy!!





Hope you all had a Happy Halloween!




 

4 comments:

  1. You r right, most the costumes for adult women r completely skanky! I cannot believe how amazing your pumpkins came out. Even if I had a stencil, I couldn't fo that :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! All it takes is a good stencil and a tiny knife. Oh and a LOT of patience :)

      Delete
  2. Awesome job on your pumpkins, Lisa! My favorite part of Halloween is the seasonal beers too! Lately my husband and I have been addicted to hard ciders. Crispin and Strongbow are our favorites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll have to try Crispin - Strongbow is delicious. Thanks for the suggestion!! :)

      Delete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for commenting :)